Evidence-based research confirms that college students are most successful when they
- start out their college careers by making a purposeful choice in a focus area or program;
- enter with a productive academic mindset; and
- follow clearly sequenced program maps that include
- core English and math,
- 9 credits in the student's academic focus area, and
- 30 credits in their first year.
Put together, these three elements create a momentum year for students — a starting point that helps students find their path, get on that path, and build velocity in the direction of their goals. Additional information about the momentum year can be found on the Complete College Georgia site.