The resources below are intended to support your assessment and continuous improvement activities. Please contact the OIE Assessment Office at email@example.com to request an individual or team consultation. Also, if you have any additional resources that may be helpful, please share them with us.
For better understanding of both the differences and similarities between assessment and research, along with a detailed explanation of many of the elements encountered during the reporting process, visit the Institutional Review Board's (IRB) page on Assessment/Evaluation vs. Research.
View the 2018-2023 KSU Strategic Plan to see the context within which the roles of assessment and continuous improvement serve at KSU.
Getting Started & Introductory Material
- Introduction to Assessment and Continuous Improvement
- Improve KSU Online System - Quick Start Guide
- Improve KSU Online System - Performance Outcomes: Getting Started
- Improve KSU Online System - Student Learning Outcomes: Getting Started
Guidelines & Tips
- Student Learning Outcomes & Measures (Educational Programs)
- Performance Outcomes & Measures (Administrative, Operational, & Student Affairs Units)
- Results, Trends, & Strategies (All Programs & Units)
- Strategies for Improvement
Continuous Improvement Process Maps
- Process Map - Educational Programs
- Process Map - Administrative, Operational, & Student Affairs Units
Measurement & Data Analysis Help
Templates & Examples
Extended details and additional information regarding these files can be found on the Assessment Plans & Reporting Updates page.
- 13 Steps to Creating a Learning Organization
- A Simple Model for Improvement
- An Approach to Designing Changes for Improvement
- The slides for this video presentation can be found here.
- Association of American Colleges & Universities (AAC&U)
- Center for Statistics and Analytical Research
- Institution-Wide Approach to Continuous Improvement
- Lumnia Foundation
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA)