Assessment Plans and Improvement Reports
Each KSU reporting unit or educational program must develop and maintain an assessment plan. At a minimum, an approved assessment plan will include the following:
- identification of the individuals or group that lead(s) development, implementation, report completion, and maintenance for that unit's or program's assessment plan;
- statement of how the plan supports the KSU mission and strategic plan;
clearly stated performance outcomes, each outcome's relation to the KSU mission and strategic plan, performance criteria or targets, assessment methods, and data sources; and
- funding and resources tied to the accomplishment of outcomes and projected improvements.
On University-defined due dates, each head of a unit and/or educational program will provide a report of assessment activity since the end of the unit's or educational program's previous reporting timeline. Reports must include:
- description of the unit or educational program, and identification of the individuals or group that lead(s) development, implementation, report completion, and maintenance for that unit's or educational program's assessment plan;
- clearly state outcomes (at least three outcomes for each unit; at least three performance outcomes and at least three student learning outcomes for each educational program);
- each outcome's relation to the KSU mission and strategic plan;
- data from multiple assessment methods for each outcome;
- analyses of the data;
- potential areas of improvement that follow form the analyses;
- verified improvements related to the outcomes;
- plans for the next reporting cycle, including any changes to the existing assessment plan.